Friday, May 20, 2011

Thunderpig's Test Drive

Well, tomorrow is the big day!!! The UVU Auto Expo car show at Thanksgiving Point!

I really didn't want to have to trailer the truck to the show so we decided to take the truck out on a few test drives to see how road worthy the truck was.. Wow, were we ever impressed..


My dad getting ready for his first drive in Thunderpig in over 2 years!!

Joe checking everything over one last time before we hit the streets.


Here we go! This will be our first official test drive (out of the parking lot) since we started working on Thunderpig over 2 years ago! Check out the other videos below of the truck on the road!

Joe and I decided to put some more gas in the truck before driving around town.. We put in 100 octane fuel in the truck to prevent engine knocks and to make sure the cylinders were firing at their peak performance for the initial drives.. I think we put 6.5 gallons in the truck which cost $50 big ones!! Zoinks!


My Dad took this video of Joe driving Thunderpig.. I love it, Joe slowed down to stop in front of his shop (Horvath Hotrods), and someone yells "Light it up!" So he does! Vroooom! And the tires stick to the road! :-)


This is my Dad cruising in Thunderpig.. Look at that smile! I apologize for the screen size, the video was taken on my phone.

Of course when you first start to drive a new truck like this you will always find a few leaks to fix afterwards.. Luckily nothing major.

We were able to drive the truck home and made it without any trouble at all.. I even had two guys pull up along side of me wanting to race!! Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment