Thursday, May 19, 2011

Painting the tail lights

Yes you read the title of this blog correctly.. We're gonna paint the tail lights!! Joe and Eric have been talking about this for months now.. But I've been hesitant since I know it will decrease the brightness of the lights as well as make them difficult to see by our local law enforcement officers.. After enquiring about this to my neighbor who is a police officer, he agreed that as long as I have lights I should be good to go.. So lets do this!!

The first thing to do is to sand the LED tail lights making them flush with the roll pan.

Both tail lights are now sanded and when you rub your hand over them, no noticeable dips or edges can be felt..

Then a thin layer of paint is applied, followed by the clear coat!

Now for the big moment.. where are the lights!!!!???

There they are!! Sweet!!


Zach was checking out the back of the truck, and asked where did the lights go? heh heh! That's cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment