Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The bed is almost finished!

Joe and Eric have been working hard the past few days on the bed. They've been block sanding the bed (by hand!) to make sure all of the high and low spots are fixed and that all the edges and inner corners are smooth and uniform. Joe said he wished he had a square sander.. I can see why! There ARE a lot of edges on this bed!





Like I said, they've been doing a lot of sanding lately, so please no karate kid jokes while visiting the shop this week.. Because they don't like the Karate Kid movies. Especially the new one.

Ok so I can't resist..


Here is Joe's version of Wax on Wax off...

Joe: "Bondo on, sand off Eric-san. Bondo on, right hand. Sand off, left hand. Bondo on, sand off! Breathe in through nose, out the mouth, don't inhale sanding dust. Bondo on, sand off. Don't forget to breathe, very important."

Eric: "Dad... Stop."

LOL!! Ok, I'm done. heh heh.. Sorry guys. Seriously though, thanks to everyone at Horvath Hot Rods for helping my Dad and I on Thunderpig this past year. This has been an amazing (and expensive) experience for my entire family. And we've loved every moment. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment