Sunday, August 22, 2010

A glimpse into Thunderpigs past!

Vintage Thunderpig!



Dad was going through some old photos and came across these rare gems! This is what the truck looked like when he purchased it from the City of American Fork back in 1967!



Click on the picture to expand it to full size (both photos should expand together)

A little history on the truck:
Thunderpig originally had a V6 235cid engine in it and was used as a pipe truck and a cemetary truck for the city before it was sold to my Dad.. In 1971 my Dad put in a SB V8 283cid and a few years later in 1976 he gave it a nice new paint job.. Almost 20 years later in 1993 my Dad figured it was time to teach his boys a thing or two about cars, so we set out to rebuild and install a SB V8 327cid engine.. We put corvette heads on it, and tweaked it as best we could.. I probably shouldn't say this with my Dad reading, but I was able to make the tires chirp going into 3rd gear! It had plenty of power.. Now with a brand new 454cid engine waiting for us, the truck is going to be freaking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment