Friday, November 20, 2009

New Wheels!

Today we picked up our new wheels and tires from Coy's Custom Wheels & Tires. The tires look BAD A$$!

We picked these up a little sooner than expected because the price of the rear wheels kept increasing every time I would call the shop.. We figured we'd need the rear tires available early anyhow to get as accurate of a fit as possible when we cut out the opening in the bed panels for the wheel tubs to make room for all of the rubber you see below.

Rear tire is a Mickey Thompson 29x18R20LT mounted on a 20x14 wheel. The front tire is a Mickey Thompson 26x8R18LT mounted on an 18x7 wheel.

Check out how huge these tires are! They barely fit in the back of the 4-runner!

Sitting next to the current tires on the chassis.. BAD! I love it!

New tires are slightly smaller to give the front a slight rake downward giving the truck a more aggressive stance.

2 comments:

  1. nice guide! thank you!/I love it ! Very creative ! That's actually really cool Thanks.
    Wheels and Tires

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choice! If I were in the market for a new bike (I'm not, I'm not!) the LHT would be at the top of my list.


    Wheels and Tires

    ReplyDelete